Imbria Pharmaceuticals’ mission is to translate our understanding of cellular metabolism into innovative medicines that improve the lives of patients with limited or inadequate treatment options. The company was founded by doctors and launched by an all doctor executive team motivated by the promise of bringing new therapies to people in need.
We are propelled by a deep scientific interest in cellular metabolism and the mitochondria, and are guided by both values and a code of business conduct built upon our commitment to always put the patients, families and communities we serve at the forefront of all that we do. More information can be found at www.imbria.com.
The Senior Director/Clinical Scientist, Rare Diseases will be based at the Company headquarters’ in Boston in the Rare Diseases therapeutic area, reporting to the Head of Rare Diseases.
- Build and foster productive professional relationships and partnerships with core local, national and international KOLs in the areas of medical education and clinical/scientific research, serving as a key clinical and scientific resource.
- Identify opportunities to partner with KOLs on disease state or therapeutic initiatives
- In collaboration with the CMO, Head of Clinical Development and Head of Rare Diseases, engages in the development of clinical development plans and projects
- Partner and collaborate effectively with internal groups, including Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, preclinical team, CMC and Finance
- Writing support for all regulatory filings for all Rare programs, leading sections or tasks as appropriate
- Act as project manager for preclinical assets, working across CROs and internal stakeholders
- Lead analytic, research or diligence projects, engaging internal and external experts as required
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information and product data within relevant therapeutic areas
- Collect, analyze and interpret disease state and technical product information from the literature and medical congresses
- Conduct all activities and responsibilities in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory and corporate regulations and guidelines, including the Company’s Corporate Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, policies and procedures
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Advanced clinical/science degree or professional credentials required (PharmD, PhD or MD) or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, MSL, Patient Advocacy or Project Management experience
- Experience in rare disease essential, cardiovascular disease experience is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory, commercial and clinical issues affecting the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and project management abilities
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and partner effectively across geographic areas and cross-functional groups
- Experience in at least one “start-up” biopharma company is desirable
- Must have excellent leadership, management and communication skills, a confident self-starter able to lead the development of field strategy and execute/manage the execution of tactical plans
- As an external representative of the Company, must always act in a professional manner
- Must have the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, and subordinates
- Competent business writing and persuasive presentation skills required
- Must display superior organizational management and problem-solving skills
- Must feel comfortable managing multiple projects, therapeutic areas, and external/internal relationships
Imbria offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.